Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thistle (alternate view)



I don't usually revisit photos once I have finished them, but after showing the quad-toned version of this one to a friend of mine who is a painter, I was persuaded. He really liked the toning and texture of the original version, but was disappointed not to see color in the thistle.

I went back to the beginning and decided that instead of quad-toning, I would warm things up a little to better match the color of the thistle. I duo-toned the entire image to a platinum feel, went back to the original again and layer masked the thistle. I Imported it to the duo-tone and then added textures. I ended up really liking both versions, so here it is. Please let me know what you think.
Photographed in Vedauwoo State Park, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment