Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

String Lake, Milky Way


Shot overlooking String Lake in Tetons National Park. This is a 5 shot vertical panorama taken with a Nikon D700 and Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8.

This has been one of my favorite places to shoot in daylight for many years and now that I have upgraded my camera to a full frame sensor with the 14-24mm lens(which seems to be a light magnet) I am discovering how much fun night photography can be.
This was a beautiful clear, calm night with out a breath of air which enabled me to get the reflected stars in the lake surface. Those were not Photoshopped in. We saw the occasional shooting star, although I didn't manage to capture any of them, and elk were bugling in the distance. All in all a pretty much perfect evening.

Many thanks to Tim Cherry who is an excellent wildlife sculptor, as he accompanied me on this shoot and who manned the bear spay just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment