Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Icicles

Large Icicles suspended from the ridgeline overlooking Dream Lake. The ice was beginning to fall away as the sun hit it. There was large chunks of past icicles scattered on the ground below this area. I had to desend and go around this area and then approach from the far side under a rock overhang in order to shoot these.

I started hiking around Bear Lake and then free climbed out of the north end up towards the Flattop Mountain trail, but stopped just below the ridgeline and followed that over and around to these icicles. I continued along the ridgeline as it took me above Dream Lake and then almost to Emerald Lake before I came to a large bouder field. I used this to descend to the normal Dream Lake trail and then followed it back to Bear Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment